The history of ROSCONCERT dates back to 1967. The organization was created as USSR only center for coordinating tours of all over the USSR and abroad.
Since then ROSCONCERT has been working with all leading companies and artists of Russia and the world – the Bolshoi Theatre of Russia, the Mariinsky Theater, the Maly Theater, Carnegie Hall, UN Headquarters, etc; as well as with such outstanding performers as S. Richter, M. Rostropovich, V.Gergiev, G.Vishnevskaya, E.Obraztsova, D.Matsuev, D.Trifonov, M.Maysky and many others.
Today ROSCONCERT is the largest touring and concert center, annually carrying out more than 500 national and international scale projects, including:
· The International Tchaikovsky Competition
· International Ballet Competition at the Bolshoi Theatre
· Festivals of Chinese culture in Russia and Russian culture in China
· Cultural festivals of the SCO and BRICS countries
· All-Russian Music Competition
· the Russia-Vietnam Cross Exchange Year
· All-Russian Competition of Ballet Dancers and Choreographers
· Day of Slavic Literature and Culture
· joint events with India, Iran, CIS countries; bilateral years, Cultural Exchange Days
to mention but a few.
ROSCONCERT promotes the development and support of young talents, concert activities of regional ensembles and soloists, and conducts various educational projects.
All-Russian Tour and Concert Plan
ROSCONCERT successfully implements the All-Russian Tour and Concert Plan of the Ministry of Culture of Russia, re-created for the first time in 30 years. As part of the plan, ROSCONCERT is the operator of tours of Russian theaters under the brand name “Great Tour” and national song and dance companies under the program “We are Russia”, contributing to the unification of the cultural space of the country.
The organization is subordinate to the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation.